If you remember, last year brought the very first Ada Lovelace Day, Founded by Suw Charman-Anderson where loads and loads of bloggers, male and female wrote about their geeky, science, technology and mathematical inspirations. Well it’s coming back round again.
Keep the 24th March at the forefront of your mind for a blog post about who you think of as one of your most inspirational women in science, technologyor mathematics!
To help you along finding that inspirational person here’s a few suggestions of ways to find that special someone:
- Think about people you looked up to as a child
- Think about whether someone close to you inspired you
- Think about teachers who encouraged you in these areas
- How about looking back through history at famous women in these areas
- Business owners
- Work colleagues
- Someone who is making a difference to the industry
Whoever makes you think about these different subject areas in a way that makes you want to work in the industry is someone worth considering for an Ada Lovelace Pledge! Write a post about the up coming pledge whilst you’re at it… In fact just borrow mine if you like & add to it! Inspire change and inspire future technologists, scientists and amazing mathematicians!