Today Dell have just announced that they are going to boost the performance of their Alienware M11x, which will be fanstastic news for the gamer geeks out there that love doing gaming on the go! This will be the worlds most powerful 11 inch laptop out there to date! Now you can’t complain at that. Here’s what Dell have to say about the device:
The new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor options combine with the latest NVIDIA Optimus technology to provide the ultimate, high definition mobile gaming experience. Intel’s Turbo Boost technology can further accelerate Core i5 and Core i7 performance when demand peaks. All the Alienware M11x processors are over-clockable* beyond the standard specification to help maximum performance.
The powerful NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M provides 1GB of discrete, fast HD graphics performance for more realistic gaming environments and virtual worlds playing stutter-free* at high 720p resolution. Built-in NVIDIA PhysX technology propels hyper-realistic game play on the M11x that shows every dynamic cause-and-effect detail.
NVIDIA Optimus technology switches seamlessly and transparently from the integrated Intel HD Graphics Media Accelerator to GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics when extra performance is demanded by visually intensive applications. Switching to integrated graphics during less visually demanding applications, like word processing or e-mail exchange, can help extend battery life.
“The Alienware M11x is the perfect go-anywhere laptop for people who want to play today’s most popular and demanding games in high definition. With the new Core i7 processor and high-performance discrete graphics that can kick in when needed, gamers can get a stunning visual experience and fast-action play wherever they are without sacrificing long battery life for less intensive activities,” said Arthur Lewis, general manager, Dell gaming products. “It’s a challenge to make the world’s most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop even better, but we’ve done it.”
The Alienware M11x, available in soft-touch Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow, retains its svelte 4.4-pound* figure and distinctive Alienware design with built-in AlienFX™ illuminated keyboard. It ships with a choice of 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems installed.
- Lightning-fast processor options, up to Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost technology and over-clockable*
- NVIDIA Optimus technology for dynamic switching between standard 1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics* and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- 11.6-inch Widescreen HD LED colour display 1366×768 (720p)
- Up to 8GB DDR3* 800Mhz memory
- Up to 500GB*, 7,200RPM hard drive or 256GB* Solid State Drive
- Internal high definition 5.1 Surround Sound audio
- Optional wireless Bluetooth 2.1
- A range of output ports including DisplayPort/HDMI Port, USB 2.0, 1394a and Ethernet RJ-45
- 8-cell prismatic (64whr) primary battery
- AlienFX illuminated keyboard
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Choice of Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow colours
The Alienware M11x is available beginning today at www.dell.co.uk, with Core i5 systems starting at £849.