As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the UKUUG 2011 Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the UKUUG 2011 conference, 22-24 March 2011, Leeds, UK. We encourage all female computer scientists interested to apply.
Two people will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- free registration for the main conference (Accommodation not included).
- up to 400 GBP for travel costs and accommodation (to be claimed back from UKUUG after the event).
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be a female working in or studying Computer Science
- Maintain a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 2 full days of the main conference
How To Apply
To apply send, no later than February 22 2011, an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Google UKUUG 2011 Conference grant’ containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend UKUUG 2011 and why attending is important to your research and/or future career
Winners and claim process
The winners will be notified by e-mail by March 1st 2011. If you are a successful applicant, you will be sent your free ticket and a payment form to expense your travel contribution, to be completed and submitted after the event.